Pagine

mercoledì 14 aprile 2010

Day 3

More alpine strawberries for breakfast (note the pattern).

I was going to go for pizza for lunch but then spotted a bakery in the student section with spinich calzones and apple tarts. Calzone was fine -- nothing special. Tart -- I'll let the picture do the talking.

For dinner, Carlo, a colleague and his wife had a party. She made a baked rice dish with olives and zucchini that was fabulous. We then had tuna sausage, spinich salad, and tomatoes which we dipped in freakishly good mayo. You just wonder why we eat Miracle Whip at home when home made mayo is so fantastic. We then have a home made almond torte. Ground almonds, flour, marscapone, and more ground almonds. It's about an inch thick and the size of a dinner plate.

We complement that with chocolate, vanilla, and coconut gelato. I was going to hold off on having any gelato until the boys and Jenna arrive, but now I'm off the wagon. Look out!!!

We finish with grappa, whiskey, and chocolates. It's midnight. I stay up until 4am digesting food.

1 commento:

  1. Can I just say for the record that we do NOT eat Miracle Whip at home?

    RispondiElimina